Using hypnosis for self improvement is a great tool for goal setting and personal development. Most people are surprised at how easy it is to learn self-hypnosis. And self-hypnosis, in turn, makes a lot of things much easier for you to learn as well.
Self improvement using hypnosis is usually thought of as a person listening to a digital audio program, mp3, or other type of personal developemnt media, which helps the listener to relax and open up to receive suggestions centered around a specific topic such as increasing your income, dating confidence, weight loss, stop smoking, etc.
Audio hypnosis programs are a great way for you to start experiencing hypnosis and improving your life to become better since you simply listen to them either while you sleep or when you relax
How do you incorporate hypnosis into your self improvement practice?
To be successful with self improvement hypnosis programs, there are certain aspects that should be addressed.
The best hypnosis program you could use for self improvement would be one you create yourself because your would be able to address the exact deeply personal issues that may be sabotaging your personal development.
Unlike general topic audio hypnosis programs, this hypnosis session would be made for the exact personal issue you want to address, including the precise words and phrases that mean the most to you so a "perfect" self hypnosis progam would have to be crafted by the person using it to suit his or her own needs.
This would entail buying recording software, a microphone, learning basic audio enginering and then writing out and recording each hypnosis program script.... And THAT'S A LOT OF WORK!
With that being said, you still can easily use the DIY method (Do It Yourself) because everytime you relax, you go into a hypnotic trance state.
Below is a quick process for using hypnosis for self improvement.
1. Write down in a positive statement ONE GOAL you want to achieve.
EXAMPLE - "I wake up everyday at 6am refreshed, energized and excited to start my day"
2. Find a quiet place to sit and be alone so you can relax without interruption AND TURN OFF ALL DEVICES (phone, computer, tv, radio, etc)
3. Make sure you are sitting NOT lying down (you may fall asleep). Take 3 deep breaths in thru nose and exhale thru your mouth. On the 3rd exhalation, close your eyes.
4. Begin repeating your statement. EXAMPLE - "I wake up everyday at 6am refreshed, energized and excited to start my day". See yourself doing it, feeling it, touching it, smelling it, hearing it.
5. Continue imagining actually expereincing what you want for at least 3-5 minutes. Then take 3 deep breaths in thru your nose and out thru your mouth while smiling and feeling proud of honoring yourself with this incredible gift of using hypnosis for self improvement.
Finally, make a promise to yourself to put the practice of self hypnosis into your daily life and schedule it daily. By doing this, it will become an automatic habit for you.
James "JimmyG" Graham ,C.Ht. is the president of MindPower Presentations Inc
He tours across Canada & the USA demonstrating the amazing powers of the mind in his fun, interactive hypnosis presentation, Hypnotist JimmyG's MindPower Comedy Show!
He helps entrepreneurs get focused, stay motivated and produce results with his blog, Motivation For Marketers
And he helps people lose weight, stop smoking and more with his MindPower Programs
And he teaches how you can use the power of your mind to create the life you want in the Manifest Success Club.